Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Remove Duplicate with 'Caveat'

I have a large sheet with many duplicates.

I can't just run Remove Duplicates because I want to remove a specific
version of each, i.e. where a specific field value is either Null or Contains
specific text or has a value or < than.

Is there any way to use the Remove Dupes tool or a simple function that
would allow this?

Even more ambitiously I'd love to Merge them i.e. Compare one ore more field
values, if = merge ALL the fields, where both records have a value step
through and accept either/both.

Any thoughts? I am a newbie to functions and such but this seems like it
should be do-able.

Any thoughts appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe take a look at the "conditional delete" feature in ASAP Utilities.
It's available at www.asap-utilities.com ...........otherwise looks to me
like it would take a custom macro to do what you want.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"msnyc07" wrote in message
I have a large sheet with many duplicates.

I can't just run Remove Duplicates because I want to remove a specific
version of each, i.e. where a specific field value is either Null or
Contains
specific text or has a value or < than.

Is there any way to use the Remove Dupes tool or a simple function that
would allow this?

Even more ambitiously I'd love to Merge them i.e. Compare one ore more
field
values, if = merge ALL the fields, where both records have a value step
through and accept either/both.

Any thoughts? I am a newbie to functions and such but this seems like it
should be do-able.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Could you give more details. What is the criteria?

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com