Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove Duplicate Entries

Hi All,

I am asking too many questions but so does a child who learns
something new :-)

I have 5 columns of data. Each columns has different number of data
starting row 2. Row 1 has the column heading.

Column 1 has 34 data (which may vary)
Column 1 has 64 data (which may vary)
Column 1 has 13 data (which may vary)
Column 1 has 11 data (which may vary)
Column 1 has 37 data (which may vary)

In each column, some of the data is duplicate.

I need to generate a list with all the duplicate entries removed.

Assuming each of the 5 columns above has 10 original data only, then
my output should be 5 columns of data with 10 entries each.

Thanks in advance,
Anshuman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Each column is separate and distinct from the other columns--duplicates between
the columns don't matter?

If that's true, you can use data|filter|advanced filter 5 times and copy the
visible cells to a new worksheet.

Debra Dalgleish explains it in more details:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not able to figure it out...

I need to get past it using a macro as this step is in between a long
procedure...

So, somewhere bewteen the procedure, I will have a list stacked up
with 5 columns and unequal number of data in each column with some
repeat occurences ( no repeat between columns..all repeats are within
column)...

I need to write a macro so that the duplicates get deleted and I am
just left with 5 columns of unique data. Then I would count number of
data items in each column and name them differently...These names will
be used by my program later on to call this list...

Need Help

Thanks,
Anshuman