Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplicate Entries

I get a report once a month that has duplicate entries. I would like to take
out all the duplicate entries. Is there a formula I can use for this or what
would be the easiest way of taking out the duplicate entries.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use Advanced Filter to extract unique records. I find it easier
to copy the records (with headings) to a different sheet, then Data |
Filter | Advanced Filter - click on Unique Records only, and if you
want the unique records to be copied to a different location (rather
than In Place) you need to specify the first cell of the range.

Another way is to sort your data (let's say on column A), then
introduce a helper column with this formula in row 2:

=IF(A1=A2,"duplicate","unique")

Copy this down the column, then apply a filter to these values,
selecting "duplicate". Highlight all the visible rows then Edit |
Delete Row. You can set the filter back to "All", then delete the
helper column.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Phxlatinoboi® wrote:
I get a report once a month that has duplicate entries. I would like to take
out all the duplicate entries. Is there a formula I can use for this or what
would be the easiest way of taking out the duplicate entries.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Check "unique records only" and "copy to a new location".

For more on this see Debra Dalgleish's site

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi....html#FilterUR

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP