julz

Default problem tagging duplicate entries

good evening,

i'm needing to tag duplicate entries in a single column. the entries were
downloaded from access. i'm using the following formula, but keep returning
#NAME?. please advise.

=IF(COUNTIF(Range1,A1)1,"Duplicate","")

CLR

If column A contains your data, and is sorted so that duplicates are
displayed together, then in B2 put this formula and copy down...........

=IF(A2=A1,"Duplicate","")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"julz" wrote in message
good evening,

i'm needing to tag duplicate entries in a single column. the entries were
downloaded from access. i'm using the following formula, but keep

returning
#NAME?. please advise.

=IF(COUNTIF(Range1,A1)1,"Duplicate","")

julz

Works perfect! One more question. If I try to sort on column "b" to bring
all the duplicates to the top, that will obviously mess up the formula, so,
can I use another formula to list all the duplicates in say column "c"?

"julz" wrote in message
good evening,

i'm needing to tag duplicate entries in a single column. the entries were
downloaded from access. i'm using the following formula, but keep

returning
#NAME?. please advise.

=IF(COUNTIF(Range1,A1)1,"Duplicate","")

CLR

Before you sort, highlight the entire column B and do copy PasteSpecial
Values right back on the same column............this will freeze the values
in column B and eliminate the formulas.........then go ahead and

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3