Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SERIES function disappear

I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct)
even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog
i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related?
Pls Help, Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think in Excel 2007 the Fill Series button is there in the following
Location.

HomeEditingbelow the ˆ‘ (Sigma) command button you can find a Down Arrow
Command button, click on it and you will get a drop down list and select
Series.

In other way press Alt+E+I+S continuously for getting the Fill Series Dialog
Box using the keyboard.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Vimm" wrote:

I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct)
even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog
i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related?
Pls Help, Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

dynamic chart
something like
=SERIES("CHART NAME", XREG YREG, 1)

i study from the web
i even cant see the series tab from chart - source data - selecting

"Vimm" wrote in message
I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct)
even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog
i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related?
Pls Help, Thank you

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

click on it and you will get a drop down list and select Series.

i cant find series function here
its same as insert function

a dialog box appear after Alt+E+I+S,
but i dont know how to use and how to enter my arg.

thank you

"Vimm" wrote:

I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct)
even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog
i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related?
Pls Help, Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Some hints on 2003 to 2007 command mapping:
a.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...491511033.aspx
b.. http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm
c..
http://www.computerworld.com/action/...leId=9028 218

Chart | Source Data - in 2003
becomes
Chart Tools | Design | Data | Select Data - in 2007
--
David Biddulph

"Vimm" wrote in message
I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct)
even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog
i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related?
Pls Help, Thank you

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 04:35:01 -0800, Vimm
wrote:

I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct)
even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog
i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related?
Pls Help, Thank you

Normally, you would use the chart wizard to edit a data series.

However, if you want to "see" the function, put your chart on a chart
worksheet, then select a data series. You will then see the SERIES function in
the formula bar, and you can edit it there.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:

I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct)
even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog
i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related?
Pls Help, Thank you

Normally, you would use the chart wizard to edit a data series.

However, if you want to "see" the function, put your chart on a chart
worksheet, then select a data series. You will then see the SERIES function in
the formula bar, and you can edit it there.
--ron

Actually, you don't have to have the chart on a chart sheet, at least not in
Excel 2007. You can also have it embedded in a regular worksheet. Again, just
select the data series, and the SERIES "function" will show up in the formula
bar.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:

I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not
correct) even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function"
dialog
i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related?
Pls Help, Thank you

Normally, you would use the chart wizard to edit a data series.

However, if you want to "see" the function, put your chart on a chart
worksheet, then select a data series. You will then see the SERIES
function in the formula bar, and you can edit it there.
--ron

Actually, you don't have to have the chart on a chart sheet, at least
not in Excel 2007. You can also have it embedded in a regular
worksheet. Again, just select the data series, and the SERIES
"function" will show up in the formula bar.

Same in Excel 2003.
--
David Biddulph