Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WhytheQ

Default Refreshing pivot makes second data series line disappear from chart !!!

I have a pivot chart with two data series plotted on it A and B
Series A is plotted against the primary Y-axis, and series B against
the secondary Y-axis....trouble is that when the pivot table is
refreshed the line for series B totally disapears off the chart - does
anyone know how to get around this?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

the number of rows can vary, you will need a IF formula that ignores:

blanks
the data header
grand total

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WhytheQ

Cheers Robert,
I've not got too much experience with charts!
How do I plot an ordinary chart from a pivot? ... whenever I try to
construct a chart from the data in the pivot it reverts to a pivot
chart !

robert111 wrote:

the number of rows can vary, you will need a IF formula that ignores:

blanks
the data header
grand total

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551779

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

extract the data from the pivot table by , say, if output is in column
G,

=if ( G3="","",if g3="grand total","",g3))

then copy this down a few hundred rows

this only pulls data and ignores blanks and the last row which is grand
total.

now just highlight the data and click on chart wizard and follow it
through.