Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can anyone answer this question?

I am trying to find out if I can create a IF statement that will send out a
email if the IF statement is true or false, but not both?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

It would be an interesting IF statement that returned both TRUE and FALSE :)

The answer is no or not directly, you can't call a macro to send mail like
that. You would have to test the result of the IF statement using (say) the
worksheet calculate event and send the mail depending on the outcome.

have a look here for using mail

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...e-16018026b309

Mike

"Frustrated" wrote:

I am trying to find out if I can create a IF statement that will send out a
email if the IF statement is true or false, but not both?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here you go:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm

--
Ryan---

"Frustrated" wrote:

I am trying to find out if I can create a IF statement that will send out a
email if the IF statement is true or false, but not both?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:01:01 -0800, Mike H
wrote:

It would be an interesting IF statement that returned both TRUE and FALSE :)

Well, you could due that with an array formula:

=IF(1=1,{TRUE,FALSE})

What practical use this might have is beyond me, however. :-)

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes,

LOL, but as you say 'what practical value'

Next test, can you make it display false and this doesn't count.

=IF(1=1,{FALSE,TRUE})

Mike

wrote:

It would be an interesting IF statement that returned both TRUE and FALSE :)

Well, you could due that with an array formula:

=IF(1=1,{TRUE,FALSE})

What practical use this might have is beyond me, however. :-)

--ron
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:13:02 -0800, Mike H
wrote:

Yes,

LOL, but as you say 'what practical value'

Next test, can you make it display false and this doesn't count.

=IF(1=1,{FALSE,TRUE})

Mike

Sure, just enter it as a 2-cell horizontal array. The first cell will display
TRUE, and the second cell FALSE
--ron