Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CmK CmK is offline

Default WHY Cant anyone answer my question

Hi

I have a spread sheet that read off access but i was wondering if i change
the spread sheet data in excel can access read this to update the data in
access

Also can excel update in realtime or do i have to fresh refresh button all
the time

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ado

Please be aware that you are asking to know how to make MS Access do
something it is not capable of doing. One MS Access table cannot be linked
to multiple Excel lists. You can, however, create a separate link in MSA to
each Excel list and that process was explained to you by Jim Jackson in your
original post.

Even though you couldn't create those 150 Excel files from MSA in one single
step, you can re-combine them in a few steps if you create a Union Query that
will harvest the data from the files and load it to the MSA table.

Note: You will NOT be able to *link* that one table to the 150 files. There
will be 150 linked tables that will be consolidated. Also, I believe the
links only work one way. You can change the data in Excel and refresh MSA,
but you can't change it in MSA. The link is read-only.

Whenever you need to update the data in MSA, you could either run the
queries manually or create a macro to run them for you. If you're interested
in that approach, the MS Access forums would be your best resource.

I hope that helps.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"CmK" wrote:

Hi

I have a spread sheet that read off access but i was wondering if i change
the spread sheet data in excel can access read this to update the data in
access

Also can excel update in realtime or do i have to fresh refresh button all
the time

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Actually an Access table can be linked to an Excel range (best if you name
the range) and then when Excel's data changes the Access table updates.

Probably the best way to do this is to choose File, Get External Data, Link
Data, change the Files of type to Excel and locate your Excel file...

Remember to Name the range in the Excel file first.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"CmK" wrote:

Hi

I have a spread sheet that read off access but i was wondering if i change
the spread sheet data in excel can access read this to update the data in
access

Also can excel update in realtime or do i have to fresh refresh button all
the time

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My apologies, CmK, for confusing you with Ado.

I saw your posts in the related Ado thread and I thought you were Ado with a
new newsgroup name (it happens).

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"CmK" wrote:

Hi

I have a spread sheet that read off access but i was wondering if i change
the spread sheet data in excel can access read this to update the data in
access

Also can excel update in realtime or do i have to fresh refresh button all
the time

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 24, 9:56 am, CmK wrote:
Hi

I have a spread sheet that read off access but i was wondering if i change
the spread sheet data in excel can access read this to update the data in
access

Also can excel update in realtime or do i have to fresh refresh button all
the time

thanks

To refresh, open worksheet that has your imported data from ACCESS,
click on External Data Range Properties, Click on Refresh every and
tell how often you want it to automatically refresh.