Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AK AK is offline

Default Distribution

How do I calculate a distribution of values over a set period of time based
on another set period of time?

I have a list of 100 records with periods 1-100 and percentages 0% - 100%.

If I have another list with 125 periods, how do I distribute the percentages
from the 100 period list to this list?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might want to take a look at XL's solver add-in. You can setup criteria
that need to be met, and then tell XL which cells it can change to try and
meet your criteria. Then sit back and let the computer do the work! A 'quick'
rundown of your formulas would be something like:

=SUM(B2:B126)
=COUNTIF(B2:B126,"<="&0)
=COUNTIF(

Then tell the solver to make the first formula = 100%, the second formula =
0, and that it can do this by changing cells B2:B126.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M