Charles Rodriguez

Default Equal "Distribution"

The real problem is I don't know how to phrase this question in Excel's Help
feature. What I'm trying to do is as follows:

I have 4 groups of people (i.e. Group 1, Group 2, etc.). In each group are
4 different people. So total, there are 16 people.

I'm trying to mix and match so that each person gets into a group with a
different person every time. Does that make sense? I'm not sure if there is
a function/formula that can do this.
Peo Sjoblom

There is no such function, you need to use brute strength

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Charles Rodriguez" wrote in
message ...
The real problem is I don't know how to phrase this question in Excel's
Help
feature. What I'm trying to do is as follows:

I have 4 groups of people (i.e. Group 1, Group 2, etc.). In each group
are
4 different people. So total, there are 16 people.

I'm trying to mix and match so that each person gets into a group with a
different person every time. Does that make sense? I'm not sure if there
is
a function/formula that can do this.

Peo Sjoblom

It is a question that pops up now and then, I know there has been some
answers using brute strength,
if you go here

http://groups.google.es/advanced_gro...=lang_en&hl=en

and search for table seating (or something similar) I am sure you will find
some hits on how to at least use excel in some way (usually by copying down
a formula)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Charles Rodriguez" wrote in
message ...

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

There is no such function, you need to use brute strength

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Charles Rodriguez" wrote in
message ...
The real problem is I don't know how to phrase this question in Excel's
Help
feature. What I'm trying to do is as follows:

I have 4 groups of people (i.e. Group 1, Group 2, etc.). In each group
are
4 different people. So total, there are 16 people.

I'm trying to mix and match so that each person gets into a group with
different person every time. Does that make sense? I'm not sure if
there
is
a function/formula that can do this.

David J. Braden

Peo told you the "mathematical way of figuring this out": brute strength,
given your statement of the problem. And it takes little work for what you
stated. Or are you looking for something dynamic/volatile in nature? If so,
please redefine your post.

DaveB

"Charles Rodriguez" wrote in
message ...