Member

Default Always show Jan of current year

I keep running into problems and need this forum! I'm wanting to show Jan of the current year. This needs to be automatically updated each year as it controls a calendar. For example, A1 will be Jan. 2010 and then will change to Jan 2011 when the year changes. I'm using a drop-down validation function now to change the years but I's like to have this update annually.

Thanks again for all the help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could have something like this in A1:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1)

and format the cell as mmm yyyy

This will then follow the system date on your computer.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 1, 3:55*pm, Keyrookie
wrote:
I keep running into problems and need this forum! *I'm wanting to show
Jan of the current year. *This needs to be automatically updated each
year as it controls a calendar. *For example, A1 will be Jan. 2010 and
then will change to Jan 2011 when the year changes. *I'm using a
drop-down validation function now to change the years but I's like to
have this update annually.

Thanks again for all the help,

Keyrookie

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_UK View Post

wrote:
I keep running into problems and need this forum! *I'm wanting to show
Jan of the current year. *This needs to be automatically updated each
year as it controls a calendar. *For example, A1 will be Jan. 2010 and
then will change to Jan 2011 when the year changes. *I'm using a
drop-down validation function now to change the years but I's like to
have this update annually.

Thanks again for all the help,

Keyrookie

Thanks Pete, that did the trick. I knew I was close, just couldn't quite hit on the right syntax.