Keyrookie Keyrookie is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_UK View Post
You could have something like this in A1:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1)

and format the cell as mmm yyyy

This will then follow the system date on your computer.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 1, 3:55*pm, Keyrookie
wrote:
I keep running into problems and need this forum! *I'm wanting to show
Jan of the current year. *This needs to be automatically updated each
year as it controls a calendar. *For example, A1 will be Jan. 2010 and
then will change to Jan 2011 when the year changes. *I'm using a
drop-down validation function now to change the years but I's like to
have this update annually.

Thanks again for all the help,

Keyrookie

Thanks Pete, that did the trick. I knew I was close, just couldn't quite hit on the right syntax.