Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default days since 1/1/current year

Is there a formular for days since 1/1/current year
like =weekday(today()) ' day of the week
=DAY(today()) ' day of the month
=today() ' days since 1/1/1900

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ps. You may want to subtract 1.

=today() is really the number of days since 12/31/1899 (with Feb 29, 1900
included in the count).

dan wrote:

Is there a formular for days since 1/1/current year
like =weekday(today()) ' day of the week
=DAY(today()) ' day of the month
=today() ' days since 1/1/1900

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

won't 2/29/1900 also be included in date(year(today()),1,0)? when evaluating
the difference between two dates, I would think it s/b an issue only if one
of those dates is prior to 2/29/1900.

dan wrote:

Is there a formular for days since 1/1/current year
like =weekday(today()) ' day of the week
=DAY(today()) ' day of the month
=today() ' days since 1/1/1900

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would.

But I was just trying to address the OP's original statement:

=today() ' days since 1/1/1900