Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default freeze panes cannot be saved

Hi there,

I have a big file and in a few sheets I use freeze panes which works fine.

But each time I open the file anew after having saved my changes, the
freezes have disappeared.

this only happens with this particular file, which is 9MB. I can save and
open other file where the frozen panes stay the way they were safed.

not a killer problem, but annoying none the less. any hint is appreciated

many thanks,
AndyZZ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:01:01 -0800, AndyZZ
wrote:

Hi there,

I have a big file and in a few sheets I use freeze panes which works fine.

But each time I open the file anew after having saved my changes, the
freezes have disappeared.

this only happens with this particular file, which is 9MB. I can save and
open other file where the frozen panes stay the way they were safed.

not a killer problem, but annoying none the less. any hint is appreciated

many thanks,
AndyZZ

See if the worksheets are "protected". They may allow you to freeze
them, even while they are, yet that will not save into the worksheet.
Only the changed data, and changes made in unprotected worksheets.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just confirm whether the file is in sharing?

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"AndyZZ" wrote:

Hi there,

I have a big file and in a few sheets I use freeze panes which works fine.

But each time I open the file anew after having saved my changes, the
freezes have disappeared.

this only happens with this particular file, which is 9MB. I can save and
open other file where the frozen panes stay the way they were safed.

not a killer problem, but annoying none the less. any hint is appreciated

many thanks,
AndyZZ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

no the file is not shared

btw: the 'trace' function is also not working.

....keep digging!

THX!!!

"AndyZZ" wrote:

Hi there,

I have a big file and in a few sheets I use freeze panes which works fine.

But each time I open the file anew after having saved my changes, the
freezes have disappeared.

this only happens with this particular file, which is 9MB. I can save and
open other file where the frozen panes stay the way they were safed.

not a killer problem, but annoying none the less. any hint is appreciated

many thanks,
AndyZZ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi

no, there is no protection - not on the sheets, not on the workbook.

btw: the 'trace' function is also not working.

thx!

.