Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Freeze Panes

Hi trying to freeze top row so that it will stay when I scroll seen all good
advise etc but the button for freeze frame on the task bar is in grey and
will not let me do anything any help on how to 'unlock' this button to
activat the freeze pane
--
thanx

"rexmann" wrote:

Hi all

When I freeze panes it freezes the first six or seven columns. How do I
freeze just the first column or row?

any help appreciated

Rexmann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could be the workbook is protected under ToolsProtectionProtect Workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP