Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Grouping into groups

Hello. I have a problem which I posted on few forums, but couldn't get the exact answer I look for. The problem is that I have a set of number in Excel. For Example:

A:1 = 1,2,3,4,5,6..99
A:2 = 1,3,4,5...99

And so on. Its just an example, so the A:3 doesn't have to have 1,4,5,6...99. I have like 700+ of those sets, and the think I would like to find out is to know the formula to automatically pick numbers, and group them into groups. By grouping into groups I mean that: In Column B:1, I want computer to go through set in A:1, and see if there are numbers between 1 and 3. If there are, then I would like to write 1's as much as there is number from range 1 to 3 in A:1. So if in A:1 there are numbers: 1,2,3,4,5,6...99, then in B:1 it will be (A,A,A)
because there is number 1 in set A:1 which is between 1 and 3, and numbers 2, and 3 are between the range as well. I would like them to automatically change into letters, so the B:1 should have only letter "A", depending on how much there are from this range in specific set.

Then, I would like to do it with range 4-6, 7-8, and so on until 97-99.

Is it possible to do in one formula? If no, then in 2 its perfectly fine for me.

Thanks,

Compact Framework: Encrypted WebService Methods
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rk-encryp.aspx