ADK

Default SUM OF GROUPS

I have two columns.

Column C is labeled: Group
Column D is Labeled: Weight

I have 27 rows with data. I would like to tally the group weights

example: 5 of the 27 rows are under Group number 630 (the cell in column C
has the value 630). Each one has a weight ...I'd like a total weight for all
items with the group number 630 and so forth. I am guessing this is maybe
some kind of lookup function but have no idea on how to add each room with
the same group number.

Thanks in Advance

Anne Troy

Use Subtotals.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"ADK" wrote in message
I have two columns.

Column C is labeled: Group
Column D is Labeled: Weight

I have 27 rows with data. I would like to tally the group weights

example: 5 of the 27 rows are under Group number 630 (the cell in column C
has the value 630). Each one has a weight ...I'd like a total weight for
all items with the group number 630 and so forth. I am guessing this is
maybe some kind of lookup function but have no idea on how to add each
room with the same group number.

Thanks in Advance

Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:31:58 -0400, "ADK"
wrote:

I have two columns.

Column C is labeled: Group
Column D is Labeled: Weight

I have 27 rows with data. I would like to tally the group weights

example: 5 of the 27 rows are under Group number 630 (the cell in column C
has the value 630). Each one has a weight ...I'd like a total weight for all
items with the group number 630 and so forth. I am guessing this is maybe
some kind of lookup function but have no idea on how to add each room with
the same group number.

Thanks in Advance

You could use a pivot table, or alternatively a SumIF

For the pivot table just position your cursor anywhere in the data
table and select

Data, Pivot Table, Next, Next, Layout, drag your column C Group into
the row section of the wizard, and the Col D Weights into the Data
section and click OK.

ALternatively get a unique list of the Group Numbers in say column E,
and then in F2 enter

=sumif(C:C,E2,D:D)

and copy down.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
ADK

Not what I am looking for. I have a separate chart for the groups.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Use Subtotals.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"ADK" wrote in message
I have two columns.

Column C is labeled: Group
Column D is Labeled: Weight

I have 27 rows with data. I would like to tally the group weights

example: 5 of the 27 rows are under Group number 630 (the cell in column
C has the value 630). Each one has a weight ...I'd like a total weight
for all items with the group number 630 and so forth. I am guessing this
is maybe some kind of lookup function but have no idea on how to add each
room with the same group number.

Thanks in Advance

ADK

THANKS ...result is what I was looking for

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=SUMIF(C:C,630,D:D)

--

HTH