Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Groups from IE

Hi Everyone,

1. I can't access the groups from my Outlook Express at work. Is there a
way to get to the groups via Internet Explorer?

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ray Ray is offline

Go to: http://groups.google.com/group/micro...el.misc/topics
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have a google account but do have yahoo. I tried looking from yahoo
but couldn't find it. Is Google the only option?

Thanks,
Linda

"Ray" wrote in message
Go to: http://groups.google.com/group/micro...el.misc/topics

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ray Ray is offline

You don't need a Google if you just want to read/search ... you'll
need one if you want to post though.

I think there are other ways to get to the same groups, but not
entirely sure how ...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 24, 9:58*am, "Linda RQ" wrote:
1. *I can't access the groups from my Outlook Express at work. *Is there a
way to get to the groups via Internet Explorer?

Thunderbird might provide a good alternative, though I haven't tried
it yet myself. Am just about to, because as I've noted in another
thread in which Outlook Express is recommended, it isn't available on
my employer's computers.

If you do not have admin rights on the computer you're using, you can
get the portable version of Thunderbird which requires no installation
(but be assured it is the fully functional application):
http://portableapps.com/apps/interne...rbird_portable

.... and you can choose a newsgroup reader add-on which will be
correctly installed in the portable directory (instead of the local
hard drive):
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu...oup&cat=1%2C57

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 24, 11:59*am, Foxcole wrote:
... and you can choose a newsgroup reader add-on which will be
correctly installed in the portable directory (instead of the local

Forget the add-ons. I didn't look closely at them, but besides, you
can configure Thunderbird directly:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbir...s_:_Newsgroups
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Foxcole" wrote in message
On Mar 24, 9:58 am, "Linda RQ" wrote:
1. I can't access the groups from my Outlook Express at work. Is there a
way to get to the groups via Internet Explorer?

Thunderbird might provide a good alternative, though I haven't tried
it yet myself. Am just about to, because as I've noted in another
thread in which Outlook Express is recommended, it isn't available on
my employer's computers.

If you do not have admin rights on the computer you're using, you can
get the portable version of Thunderbird which requires no installation
(but be assured it is the fully functional application):
http://portableapps.com/apps/interne...rbird_portable

.... and you can choose a newsgroup reader add-on which will be
correctly installed in the portable directory (instead of the local
hard drive):
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu...oup&cat=1%2C57

Thanks. I'll try it. I am in a hospital setting and most everything is
locked.