Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula/calculation returning a 0 instead of actual sum

I am using 2007 and I have a workbook that returns a "0" instead of the
actual sum. I have tried using @sum formula and just adding the cells
together.

Any ideas??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like your values are not "real" numbers. They may be Text values.
Another possibility is you may be in manual calculation mode.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"Jenny Beech" wrote:

I am using 2007 and I have a workbook that returns a "0" instead of the
actual sum. I have tried using @sum formula and just adding the cells
together.

Any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=isnumber(A1)
will return true if A1 contains a number.

=count(a1:A10)
will return the number of numbers in A1:A10

=counta(a1:a10)
will return the number of non-empty cells in A1:A10

One way to convert the text numbers to number numbers
Select an empty cell
edit|copy
select the range to fix
Edit|paste special|check add and values

Then look at your =sum() formula.

"Jenny Beech" wrote:

I am using 2007 and I have a workbook that returns a "0" instead of the
actual sum. I have tried using @sum formula and just adding the cells
together.

Any ideas??

--