Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default returning calculation based on number

in one column, we have retail list. I want to set a formula so that
if price <= 49.99 it equals the list
if price 50-100 it equals 10% off
if price is 100+ it equals 20% off.

i've researched a lot in excel, and can't figure out how to setup this
formula... please advise.

Thanks
Brad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(price<=49.99,price,IF(price100,price*0.8,pric e*0.9))
or
=IF(price<=49.99,price,IF(AND(price49.99,price<10 0),price*0.9,price*0.8))

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com

"byrddog75" wrote in message
in one column, we have retail list. I want to set a formula so that
if price <= 49.99 it equals the list
if price 50-100 it equals 10% off
if price is 100+ it equals 20% off.

i've researched a lot in excel, and can't figure out how to setup this
formula... please advise.

Thanks
Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If we have multiple rows of prices and data, and different columns w/
different fields, how do I define the cell which "price" is so it does the
calculation based on that particular correct cell?

Thanks Tim... Brad

"byrddog75" wrote in message
in one column, we have retail list. I want to set a formula so that
if price <= 49.99 it equals the list
if price 50-100 it equals 10% off
if price is 100+ it equals 20% off.

i've researched a lot in excel, and can't figure out how to setup this
formula... please advise.

Thanks
Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I used price as an imaginary range-named example to make it more humanly
readable. It should be replaced with the cell where price is.

Assuming price starts in A1:

=IF(A1<=49.99,A1,IF(A1100,A1*0.8,A1*0.9))