Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim Zych Tim Zych is offline

Default returning calculation based on number

I used price as an imaginary range-named example to make it more humanly
readable. It should be replaced with the cell where price is.

Assuming price starts in A1:

=IF(A1<=49.99,A1,IF(A1100,A1*0.8,A1*0.9))

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com

"byrddog75" wrote in message
If we have multiple rows of prices and data, and different columns w/
different fields, how do I define the cell which "price" is so it does the
calculation based on that particular correct cell?

Thanks Tim... Brad

"Tim Zych" wrote:

=IF(price<=49.99,price,IF(price100,price*0.8,pric e*0.9))
or
=IF(price<=49.99,price,IF(AND(price49.99,price<10 0),price*0.9,price*0.8))

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com
Compare data in Excel and find differences with Workbook Compare
A free, powerful, flexible Excel utility

"byrddog75" wrote in message
in one column, we have retail list. I want to set a formula so that
if price <= 49.99 it equals the list
if price 50-100 it equals 10% off
if price is 100+ it equals 20% off.

i've researched a lot in excel, and can't figure out how to setup this
formula... please advise.

Thanks
Brad