Jim

Default nonsequential cell references

I am creating a formula on shet one that occurs on every other line but needs
to refer to cells on sheet 2 that are sequential. How can I reference those
cells?
Ron Coderre

I ran this formula in the odd rows of Sheet2, beginning with A1 and
referencing sequential cells on Sheet1, beginning with A1:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,MAX(0,ROW(A1)/2),0)

So...
Sheet2!A1 refers to Sheet1!A1
Sheet2!A3 refers to Sheet1!A2
etc

Is that something you can work with?
Ron

Ron Coderre

Actually, this also works:
=OFFSET(Sheet2$A$1,ROW(A1)/2,0)
(Enter formula in Sheet1!A1 and copy to A3, A4, etc)

Ron

Ragdyer

Enter this formula in A1 *and* A3 of Sheet1.

=INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,(ROW()+1)/2)

NOW, select A1 to A4.
Click on the fillhandle of the 4 cell *selection*. and drag down to copy as
needed.
--
HTH,

RD