Pank Mehta

Default Absolute cell references and subsequent problems.

I have 13 spreadsheets that contain 4 weekly salary information. I have
another sheet (YTD) which using absolute cell references from the other 13
sheets basically give a running total and then compares these to Budgets.

The problem I have is if I add/delete rows in any of the 13 main sheets,
then the totalling does not work due to the absolute cell references. I have
to subsequently change these references to pick up up the new absolute cell
references. Is there a way that will allow me to add/delete rows in the 13
sheets and automatically adjust the absolute cell references?

If the answer is No, then is there any other functionality within Excel that
can be used?

Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

Duke Carey

I'm assuming your term 'spreadsheets' realy means 'workbooks,' i.e., separate
files, since if the YTD sheet was in the same workbook it would automatically
adjust when you insert/delete rows on the sheets it references.

So, if putting YTD in the same workbook isn't an option, then put your
running total calculations into each of the salary workbooks, give each of
those cells a name, then reference the named ranges in your YTD workbook.

Hope this helps
Duke