Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with Formula IF INDEX AND MATCH

I have a Sheet of IMPORTED DATA(Sheet1). On another sheet, I need a formula
compare the data in Col's B AND C then return the related data from coumn A.
I hope the example below describes it.

Thanks in advance

Sheet1
A B C
1 PN1
2 20x12
3 CB100
4 PN2
5 20x12
6 CC100
7 PN3
8 15x18
9 CC100
10 PN4
11 20x30
12 CB100

Sheet2
A B C
1 20x30 CB100 PN4
2 20x12 CC100 PN2
3 20x12 CB100 PN1
4 15x18 CC100 PN3
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Lemmesee,

In cell A1 of sheet2, use

=INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000= C1)*(Sheet1!$C$3:$C$1002=B1)*ROW($B$2:$B$1001)))

Note the offset of the three referenced ranges...

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP