Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need Help w/ Index and Match Formula

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me with this. I'm using vlookup to retrieve
information from another sheet but it keeps returning an #N/A error.
I've check if it can't find the data by using the if statement, and,
it's returning a value of true which means that the information is in
that another sheet.

So, I'm thinking of just using the index and match formula and hope
that this one will work.

Okay, the reference cell is in sheet C1, and the lookup value is in
sheet2 column D. Once, it founds that value, the value in that column
D must be copied in sheet E1. By the way, the reference cell is
alphanumberic. Don't know if that matters. I'm having a hardtime
thinking why I kept getting an error. Hope someonek can help me.

Thanks a lot!

--
japorms
japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6544

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I suspect it's a minor error in a formula somewhere. Hard to tell without
seeing the layout of it all.

You might visit this page: http://www.jlathamsite.com/LearningPage.htm
and look for the entry on the left side "Using Match and Index" - there is a
..pdf file that tells a lot about how to set them up and use them. There is
also a workbook available (link next to it) that contains the working setups
explained in the .pdf file. Hope that helps at least a little.

JLatham