Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
japorms japorms is offline

Default Need Help w/ Index and Match Formula

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me with this. I'm using vlookup to retrieve
information from another sheet but it keeps returning an #N/A error.
I've check if it can't find the data by using the if statement, and,
it's returning a value of true which means that the information is in
that another sheet.

So, I'm thinking of just using the index and match formula and hope
that this one will work.

Okay, the reference cell is in sheet C1, and the lookup value is in
sheet2 column D. Once, it founds that value, the value in that column
D must be copied in sheet E1. By the way, the reference cell is
alphanumberic. Don't know if that matters. I'm having a hardtime
thinking why I kept getting an error. Hope someonek can help me.

Thanks a lot!

--
japorms
japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6544