Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have a column of 50 names

some are bold and some underlined. Later in the worksheet I want the
names to appear in another column.
I tried =A1 and copied down, but I only got the name, but not the bold
or underline.. Is there a formula I can use, or do I need the copy/
paste the column to where I want it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Skip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Formulas can only return values to a cell. They can not return any
formatting. Copy/pasting will bring the format along with the data.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Skip" wrote in message
some are bold and some underlined. Later in the worksheet I want the
names to appear in another column.
I tried =A1 and copied down, but I only got the name, but not the bold
or underline.. Is there a formula I can use, or do I need the copy/
paste the column to where I want it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Skip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copying/Pasting is the only thing that's going to bring those formats over.
Typing the '=' sign and then entering a formula definitely won't give results
with formats.

HTH,
Ryan--

--