Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formating

I have data in multipal rows and one column is for date. If date column is
blank I would like to highlight rest of the row in color.

A B C D E F
21 32 12 54 12 OCT 12, 2009
23 43 12 11 34

As F2 is blank I would like to highlight row 2 to be yellow. This should
happen only once I start placing the data in this row.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kimti
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What should happen if the date is entered but the rest of the cells are
empty?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kimti" wrote in message
I have data in multipal rows and one column is for date. If date column is
blank I would like to highlight rest of the row in color.

A B C D E F
21 32 12 54 12 OCT 12, 2009
23 43 12 11 34

As F2 is blank I would like to highlight row 2 to be yellow. This should
happen only once I start placing the data in this row.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kimti

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's assume the range you want to format is A1:F5.

Select the *entire* range A1:F5 starting from cell A1. Cell A1 will be the
active cell. The active cell is the one cell in the selected range that is
not shaded. The formula will be relative to the active cell.

Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=(COUNTA($A1:$E1)0)*(COUNT($F1)=0)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kimti" wrote in message
Date will be entered at the end as this will be the date task competed.
But

"Kimti" wrote in message
I have data in multipal rows and one column is for date. If date column
is
blank I would like to highlight rest of the row in color.

A B C D E F
21 32 12 54 12 OCT 12, 2009
23 43 12 11 34

As F2 is blank I would like to highlight row 2 to be yellow. This
should
happen only once I start placing the data in this row.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kimti

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below.
1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:F10).
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=$F1=""
Please note that the active cell is within the 1st row. Active cell will
have a white background even after selection
4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Date will be entered at the end as this will be the date task competed. But

"Kimti" wrote in message
I have data in multipal rows and one column is for date. If date column is
blank I would like to highlight rest of the row in color.

A B C D E F
21 32 12 54 12 OCT 12, 2009
23 43 12 11 34

As F2 is blank I would like to highlight row 2 to be yellow. This should
happen only once I start placing the data in this row.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kimti

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This worked perfect, Thank you for your help. One more question: do I need to
do this to each row separatly or I can copy and paste the formula to other
rows to aboid repetitive work.

Thanks,
Kimti

"T. Valko" wrote:

Let's assume the range you want to format is A1:F5.

Select the *entire* range A1:F5 starting from cell A1. Cell A1 will be the
active cell. The active cell is the one cell in the selected range that is
not shaded. The formula will be relative to the active cell.

Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=(COUNTA($A1:$E1)0)*(COUNT($F1)=0)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out