Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formating

I have use condition formating with an Icon that let me inset a check mark
for a completed activity and unchecked for a incomplete activity. Does
anyone know how to do this?

--
Allan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you provide more detail?

Put a checkmark where?

Based on what condition?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Allan" wrote in message
I have use condition formating with an Icon that let me inset a check mark
for a completed activity and unchecked for a incomplete activity. Does
anyone know how to do this?

--
Allan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Format all cells based on their values
4. Choose Icon Sets from the Format Style drop-down
5. Choose 3 Symbols (Circled) from the Icon Style list
6. Choose = and enter Value 1 and Type Number
7. for the second choice pick = 0 for the value and Number for the Type.
7.5 if you want turn on the Show icon only option
8. Click OK twice

This is the best you can do because there is no unchecked box graphics in
the conditional formatting area

Now enter 1 for completed tasks and -1 for non completed tasks. You can
design a formula to calculate one of these values.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire