Vinay G

Default Conditional formating

Hello all,

Could any one suggest a formula for the conditional formatting of a cell,
such that the cell is highlighted only if
a) the cell is empty and
b) the cell to its left is not blank.

For example : Cell B2 , B5 and B6 are empty but only B2 and B5 must be made
red.
A B
1 Variable Default
2 FltstCRIdlUp
3 Flt_tiCRIdlUp 2
4 PlttiCIntrIdlUp 0
5 FlstRgnIdlUp
6
7 PstRgnIdlUp1stRs _
8 lt_tiCDlyCRIdlClr -12

I have tried this

Condition1:

Cell value is equal to ="" Format Red

Condition2:

Formula is =B2<"" Format Red

I do not know where I am going wong. I am not sure, it might be very simple.

Thanks in advance

Vinay

Bob Phillips

Select B2, B5 and B6, goto CF