Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default custom created table styles

How to copy custom created table styles between workbooks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

TinaW wrote:
How to copy custom created table styles between workbooks

Make a chart, format it as desired, right click it, then

Chart Type | Custom Types tab | User-defined radio button | Add

Give it a name.

This chart type will now be available whenever you need it on this
computer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

smartin

You have answered how to save Chart Types correctly but OP wants to copy
Table Styles from one workbook to another.

For OP

From Excel 2007 help we find this

Important Custom table styles that you create are stored only in the
current workbook and therefore are not available in other workbooks.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 19:48:31 -0400, smartin wrote:

TinaW wrote:
How to copy custom created table styles between workbooks

Make a chart, format it as desired, right click it, then

Chart Type | Custom Types tab | User-defined radio button | Add

Give it a name.

This chart type will now be available whenever you need it on this
computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord Dibben wrote:
smartin

You have answered how to save Chart Types correctly but OP wants to copy
Table Styles from one workbook to another.

For OP

From Excel 2007 help we find this

Important Custom table styles that you create are stored only in the
current workbook and therefore are not available in other workbooks.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

I may have misunderstood the OP as I do not have E2007. I interpreted
"styles" as "types". But since chart types include all the formatting,
et c. will they suffice? (Does this functionality exist in E2007?)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007 has taken the Excel 2003 DataListCreate List function and
re-named it as "Table" and added some features.

You can customize the Style for a Table but stored only within the workbook
as help states.

Not the same as Chart Types function.

i.e. design a chart type and store it as a user defined type available for
all workbooks.

Little bit different in 2007 but essentially the same as earlier.

2007 help.............................................. .....

To reuse a favorite chart type that you customized to meet your needs, you
can save that chart as a chart template (*.crtx) in the charts template
folder.

Instead of re-creating the chart, you can simply apply the chart template.
You can also apply other types of chart templates, such as templates, that
are provided by your corporation or templates that you download from Office
Online.

.................................................. ..........................

Older versions saved the user defined charts types in XLUSRGAL.XLS

Gord

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:05:21 -0400, smartin wrote:

Gord Dibben wrote:
smartin

You have answered how to save Chart Types correctly but OP wants to copy
Table Styles from one workbook to another.

For OP

From Excel 2007 help we find this

Important Custom table styles that you create are stored only in the
current workbook and therefore are not available in other workbooks.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

I may have misunderstood the OP as I do not have E2007. I interpreted
"styles" as "types". But since chart types include all the formatting,
et c. will they suffice? (Does this functionality exist in E2007?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please ignore my ramblings in thread... I obviously can't tell the
difference between the words "TABLE" and "CHART" I'm allowed a senior
moment, right? (^:

Gord Dibben wrote:
[...]

Gord Dibben wrote:
smartin

You have answered how to save Chart Types correctly but OP wants to copy
Table Styles from one workbook to another.

For OP

From Excel 2007 help we find this