Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Deleting All Custom Cell Styles

Is there a way for me to delete all custom cell styles in a workbook, without
having to right-click on each one and delete it individually? When I paste
in data which has been exported from other programs (particularly SAP) I seem
to end up with hundreds of different cell styles which are unnecessary and
annoying for me to scroll through to get down to the automatic cell styles
which I generally use.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open up the cell format dialogue, under the number tab, click custom. Scroll
to bottom of list. You can now select each custom format that has been used,
and delete it.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"rwmitchell32" wrote:

Is there a way for me to delete all custom cell styles in a workbook, without
having to right-click on each one and delete it individually? When I paste
in data which has been exported from other programs (particularly SAP) I seem
to end up with hundreds of different cell styles which are unnecessary and
annoying for me to scroll through to get down to the automatic cell styles
which I generally use.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My problem is not with number formats, it is with the large number of
unnecessary and unwanted custom cell styles that my workbook has accumulated
as a result of sheets being copied into it from various other sources. I
would like to remove all custom cell styles without having to click on each
one individually. For clarification I am using Excel 2007.

"rwmitchell32" wrote:

Is there a way for me to delete all custom cell styles in a workbook, without
having to right-click on each one and delete it individually? When I paste
in data which has been exported from other programs (particularly SAP) I seem
to end up with hundreds of different cell styles which are unnecessary and
annoying for me to scroll through to get down to the automatic cell styles
which I generally use.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For two options see this post...