Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LSG LSG is offline

Default Column Headings

My column headings show numeric numbers instead of alpha. How do I change
the heading bar back to alpha (A,B,C,D....AA,AB, etc.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From the Main Menu Select:
Tools-Options
Click on the "General" Tab and remove the check mark from the box that reads:
"R1C1 Reference Style"

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button on the bottom
right of this window.

Michael Arch.

"lsg" wrote:

My column headings show numeric numbers instead of alpha. How do I change
the heading bar back to alpha (A,B,C,D....AA,AB, etc.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

lsg wrote:
My column headings show numeric numbers instead of alpha. How do I change
the heading bar back to alpha (A,B,C,D....AA,AB, etc.)

Tool / Options / General / R1C1 reference style (un-check)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tools/ Options/ General
Unset R1C1 reference style.
--
David Biddulph

lsg wrote:
My column headings show numeric numbers instead of alpha. How do I
change the heading bar back to alpha (A,B,C,D....AA,AB, etc.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Just in case you are using XL2007, the method would be
Round Office buttonExcel optionsFormulasWorking with formulasuncheck
R1C1 reference style

--
Regards
Roger Govier