Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Colors too dark!

I am in Excel 2007. I have inherited a spreadsheet with highlighting colors
that are too deep and vibrant. They are sucking my printer dry and are so
deep they are hard to read when printed. I can only assume the creator never
printed and had a pitiful monitor.

If I change to B&W I lose the highlighting altogether. Block-by-block
updating is tedious and error prone.

I am looking for the ability to selected the XLS and change the Transparency
of the color to something more user-friendly (like 10%!)

Can the MVPs help me?
--
BiT212

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Doesn't look like anyone wants to tackle this one. Probably because there
isn't an easy answer. There isn't, to the best of my knowledge, a
transparency setting for cell fill colors, you're stuck with what is set.

You might try choosing the cells and using Format and FILL and 'Fill
Options' to move to a 2-color fill scheme. But that's just as tedious as
simply changing to lighter colors, since it would apply the same color scheme
to all cells selected.

There's probably an easy VBA solution to go through all cells, test if
they're filled and then change the fill (.ColorIndex) property to another
value. But what would be needed is a list of the current colors/.ColorIndex
values and the .ColorIndex values to replace them with -- a kind of color
map, if you will.

Sorry, wish I had better news for you.