Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default LOOKUPS USING 2 SETS OF DATA

I am trying to get a formula for a spreadsheet i am working on that will
return a value from another spread sheet.

Table 1

RC Code
RC Length
1 2 3 4
1 100 200 300 400
2 115 205 303 395
3 203 210 450 500

Table 2

RC Code RC Length RC Value
1 3
3 1
I want to be able to determine the RC value in table 2 by comparing Table 2
RC Code and RC length in table 1.

Hope I haven't confused this one too much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Double Lookup?
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/TablesAndLookups.aspx
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...ml#IndexMatch3

HTH,
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

"Bill" wrote:

I am trying to get a formula for a spreadsheet i am working on that will
return a value from another spread sheet.

Table 1

RC Code
RC Length
1 2 3 4
1 100 200 300 400
2 115 205 303 395
3 203 210 450 500

Table 2

RC Code RC Length RC Value
1 3
3 1
I want to be able to determine the RC value in table 2 by comparing Table 2
RC Code and RC length in table 1.

Hope I haven't confused this one too much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=index($A$1:$E$5,match($A8,$A$1:$A$5,0),match($B8, $A$1:$E$1,0)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Bill" wrote in message
I am trying to get a formula for a spreadsheet i am working on that will
return a value from another spread sheet.

Table 1

RC Code
RC Length
1 2 3 4
1 100 200 300 400
2 115 205 303 395
3 203 210 450 500

Table 2

RC Code RC Length RC Value
1 3
3 1
I want to be able to determine the RC value in table 2 by comparing Table
2
RC Code and RC length in table 1.

Hope I haven't confused this one too much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007 Tables
With Sumifs()
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t4iv50...10_14_09a.xlsx