Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiple data validation lookups

I'm able to to make a dependent drop down list that returns data from a list
based on one dependency, but need a drop down list that progresses and
returns a list based on two dependencies, then three, etcetera.
TYPE DATE SESSION
Attend 7/1/2008 10:30AM Attend
Attend 7/1/2008 7PM Attend
Attend 7/7/2008 7PM Attend
Pick-Up 7/1/2008 10:00AM Pick-Up
Pick-Up 7/1/2008 12:00PM Pick-Up
Pick-Up 7/3/2008 10:00AM Pick-Up
Deliver 7/4/2008 1:00PM Deliver
Deliver 7/4/2008 5:00PM Deliver
Deliver 7/5/2008 1:00PM Deliver

In the first drop down box, I chose from the type list Attend, in the second
drop down box, I chose 7/1/2008. How do I create a third drop down box that
validates data from the first two? and so on?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you seen Debra Dalgleish's notes here?:

The trick is to use named ranges for the various lists, with names
defined as the dependency chosen.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 30, 3:04*am, rlmeyers
wrote:
I'm able to to make a dependent drop down list that returns data from a list
based on one dependency, but need a drop down list that progresses and
returns a list based on two dependencies, then three, etcetera.
TYPE * *DATE * *SESSION
Attend *7/1/2008 * * * *10:30AM Attend
Attend *7/1/2008 * * * *7PM Attend
Attend *7/7/2008 * * * *7PM Attend
Pick-Up 7/1/2008 * * * *10:00AM Pick-Up
Pick-Up 7/1/2008 * * * *12:00PM Pick-Up
Pick-Up 7/3/2008 * * * *10:00AM Pick-Up
Deliver 7/4/2008 * * * *1:00PM Deliver
Deliver 7/4/2008 * * * *5:00PM Deliver
Deliver 7/5/2008 * * * *1:00PM Deliver

In the first drop down box, I chose from the type list Attend, in the second
drop down box, I chose 7/1/2008. *How do I create a third drop down box that
validates data from the first two? *and so on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Debra's example she has Fruit and Vegetable as the first two choices, and
then the list of fruits (Apples, Pears etc) is given the name Fruit. Taking
this example further, suppose you wanted to distinguish between different
apples (Red, Green, Eating, Cooking, Sweet, Tart etc), then you would have
to name this list Apples, and then apply the same concepts as discussed on
that page of Debra's.

Hope this helps.

Pete