Junior Member

Default Conditional Format question

I have several "data" spreadsheets that I copy into a "master" sheet ... do a couple of VLOOKUP's and then conditional format rows that meet my searches.

THEN: I need to copy & paste the "data" sheets back, but want the cellls to keep the conditional format. The problem is the columns that I copy back do not have the VLOOKUP data in it, so the format drops.

Is there any way to copy is back & keep my formats ???

Thanks !!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Ken is offline

Conditional format can only explicitly reference cells on the same
worksheet; but, you can get around that to some extent by using named
ranges. I you can name the ranges on the "master" sheet and use the
names in the conditional format formulas, then when you copy the
formulas back to the data sheets it might still work.

Ken

--
tbernhardt