Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change background colour

Using Excel 2003 sp3.

I would like to change the background colour of cells from yellow to light
blue whenever text is entered into the cell. It should also revert back to
yellow if the text is deleted.

Can this be achieved.
--
Thanks, Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You first have to format the cells fill color to yellow then you can apply
conditional formatting to change that color when certain conditions are met.

Let's assume the range of interest is A1:A10. These cells have already been
formatted to a yellow fill color.

Select the *entire* range A1:A10 starting from cell A1. Cell A1 will be the
active cell. The active cell is the one cell in the selected range that is
not shaded. The formula will be relative to the active cell.

Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=ISTEXT(A1)
Click the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Select the desired color