Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default match total with fees

Hi,

Would like to go about w/ with this.
One with fees and the other with refer.

the one with fees looks like this;

settlement Date: 06/01/09
(Merchant) (date) (Sales amount) (fee) (settlement Amount)
1234 05/29/09 450.00 25.00 425.00
1234 05/29/09 200.00 10.00 190.00

Total 615.00

settlement Date: 06/02/09
(Merchant) (date) (Sales amount) (fee) (settlement Amount)
4321 05/30/09 210.00 10.00 200.00
4321 05/30/09 650.00 50.00 600.00

Total 800.00

the other with refer. Which I want to input into the one with fees
(Date) (Merchant) (Amount) (Refer.)
06/01/09 1234 615.00 1
06/02/09 4321 800.00 2

How can I go about inputting the refer. into one with fees. and also how can
I cross reference. how can i check if the one w/ fees is missing in the other
one.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You tell us how you would do it manually. We can then tell you how to do it
with Excel.

What fields are the same for the two sets of data? Date? Merchant? Sales
Amount?

The more fields you have that correspond, the more easily you will be able
to match them up.

Regards,
Fred

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for some reason i didn't received a replied notification.
anyways,

I usually match the number on the list with refer. numbers with the one with
fees using the following;

with refer list-------list w/ fee

date---------------- settlement date
merchant no.--------merchant no.
amount-------------Total

I also have another request. if it is possible to match the sales amount
with another list

list w/ fee------------sale list

date----------------- sale date
merchant no. ---------merchant no.