Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default match total with fees

You tell us how you would do it manually. We can then tell you how to do it
with Excel.

What fields are the same for the two sets of data? Date? Merchant? Sales
Amount?

The more fields you have that correspond, the more easily you will be able
to match them up.

Regards,
Fred

"Bklynhyc" wrote in message

Would like to go about w/ with this.
One with fees and the other with refer.

the one with fees looks like this;

settlement Date: 06/01/09
(Merchant) (date) (Sales amount) (fee) (settlement
Amount)
1234 05/29/09 450.00 25.00 425.00
1234 05/29/09 200.00 10.00 190.00

Total 615.00

settlement Date: 06/02/09
(Merchant) (date) (Sales amount) (fee) (settlement
Amount)
4321 05/30/09 210.00 10.00 200.00
4321 05/30/09 650.00 50.00 600.00

Total 800.00

the other with refer. Which I want to input into the one with fees
(Date) (Merchant) (Amount) (Refer.)
06/01/09 1234 615.00 1
06/02/09 4321 800.00 2

How can I go about inputting the refer. into one with fees. and also how
can
I cross reference. how can i check if the one w/ fees is missing in the
other
one.