Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to switch last/first name around?

Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you ONLY have ast name comma space first name:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1)-1)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

"Stilla" wrote:

Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stilla" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name
in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you much! I've had to use it myself many times...

"Stilla" wrote:

Sheer GENIUS!!!!! WOnderful!!!

"Stilla" wrote:

Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Biff,

Very elegant formula!

B. R. Ramachandran

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stilla" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name
in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"B. R.Ramachandran" wrote in
message ...
Hi Biff,

Very elegant formula!

B. R. Ramachandran

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stilla" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a
name
in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 12:17:01 PM UTC-5, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

What about if I want to change it from John Brown to Brown, John??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:02:32 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

What about if I want to change it from John Brown to Brown, John??

try:
=MID(A1&", "&A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)+1)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, 30 September 2009 18:17:01 UTC+1, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

I'm 10 years late to this thread, but your formula works a treat! thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 9:51:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 September 2009 18:17:01 UTC+1, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

I'm 10 years late to this thread, but your formula works a treat! thanks

What if you want John Doe to become Doe John with no commas and only space in between?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 September 2009 18:17:01 UTC+1, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a
name in cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

I'm 10 years late to this thread, but your formula works a treat!
thanks

What if you want John Doe to become Doe John with no commas and only
space in between?

Remove the comma from Claus' formula:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)+1)

--
Help will always be given to those who ask for it.