Old September 30th 09, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to switch last/first name around?

Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

Old September 30th 09, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you ONLY have ast name comma space first name:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1)-1)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

Old September 30th 09, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old September 30th 09, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you much! I've had to use it myself many times...

"Stilla" wrote:

Sheer GENIUS!!!!! WOnderful!!!

Old October 1st 09, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Biff,

Very elegant formula!

B. R. Ramachandran

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old October 1st 09, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"B. R.Ramachandran" wrote in
message ...
Hi Biff,

Very elegant formula!

B. R. Ramachandran

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's another one:

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old October 20th 15, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 12:17:01 PM UTC-5, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

What about if I want to change it from John Brown to Brown, John??
Old October 21st 15, 06:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:02:32 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

What about if I want to change it from John Brown to Brown, John??

try:
=MID(A1&", "&A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)+1)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Old August 28th 19, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, 30 September 2009 18:17:01 UTC+1, Stilla wrote:
Is there a formula I can copy into say, cell B1, that will change a name in
cell A1 from "Brown, John" to John Brown?

Thanks to all you excel wizards out there!

I'm 10 years late to this thread, but your formula works a treat! thanks