Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i switch the first and last name in a cell?

I want to switch a person's first and last name in a cell, what should I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Slac" wrote in message ...
|I want to switch a person's first and last name in a cell, what should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With James Ravenswood in A1
=REPLACE(A1&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)),1,FIND(" ",A1),"")
displays
Ravenswood James
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200792

I want to switch a person's first and last name in a cell, what should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
an example of your names would have been nice. are the seperated by comma?
if so try this.....
=MID(A6,FIND(",",A6)+2,255)& " "&LEFT(A6,FIND(",",A6)-1)
if not, post some examples of what you are trying to reverse.

Regards
FSt1