Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MOving Data to the next line

Hi All

I have a spreadsheet template that I use as a Purchase Order. There is
information on that sheet that I want to be transfered to a table.

I do not want the data over written when using the template again, I want
the next line to be used for the same data but now with the second time I
have used the template...

HEre is a list of the information that I am currently capturing on the
Purchase Order Template.

VENDOR NAME
VENDOR NUMBER
ACCOUNT CODE
CENTRE CODE
D/C
Cost per unit
Discount
Quantity
AMOUNT
DESCRIPTION
Value
Vat (gst)
TOTAL AMOUNT
REQUEST DATE

Midas 123456 152 Invcontrol D R 3.00 0% 500 R 1,500.00 11MM Socket R
1,500.00 R 210.00 R 1,710.00 09/16/2009

Any tips or guidliens would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If it is a true Template(*.xlt or *.xltx), data will not be overwritten.

A new workbook based upon the template is what opens for you to work with.

Sounds like you need the Template Wizard with Data Tracking.

The Template Wizard with Data Tracking works with 2007 although it supports
only 256 columns and 65536 rows.

Have you downloaded the executable from the MS site?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873209/en-us

When you run the TMPLWIZ.EXE it does its thing but you can't find the
WZTEMPLT.XLA ?

Same thing happens with Excel 2003.

See this google search thread before proceeding.

http://tinyurl.com/2uxmud

You can email me to get a copy per the instructions in the google thread.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP