Old April 9th 07, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '

I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a
line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to
"smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the
corresponding new plotted point.
I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it.
Any power users know how?
Thanks!
Ed

Old April 10th 07, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than
likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when
one dragged a data point...... No really, they took it out of Excel 2007 to
help users.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

Old November 16th 12, 02:03 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Flanagan View Post

"Ed Smith" <Ed wrote in message
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create
line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to
"smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the
corresponding new plotted point.
I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate
it.
Any power users know how?
Thanks!
Ed

Hi sorry for bumping this after 5 years but i can't find any other help on the net (probably because i don't know the name). I'm using excel 2002, how do i use this featu i have a line graph with markers and i want to be able to move the markers with my mouse to alter the cell values. Is this possible?

Cheers