Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point

I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data
table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How can
I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of
my other monthly totals from the data table?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK HEK is offline

Hi:
One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing the
same colours for the data as for the background.
HTH,
Henk

"pepper76" wrote:

I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data
table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How can
I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of
my other monthly totals from the data table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Or use "None" for line, marker, area, etc.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"pepper76" wrote:

I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the
data
table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How
can
I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting
of
my other monthly totals from the data table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Including data in data table but not charting as a series or p

I should clarify.
My series includes both monthly and YTD totals. Is there something
different I should do in order to print the YTD totals in the data table, but
not have the YTD totals graphed in the table?

"pepper76" wrote:

I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the
data
table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How
can
I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting
of
my other monthly totals from the data table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you want the data in the data table, it must be charted. Henk and I
elaborated on ways to make the charted series invisible.

Another option is to make your data table in the worksheet, either in the
cells next to the chart, or make the table elsewhere and use the camera tool
to put a dynamic copy of the table on or near the chart. Tushar Mehta
describes some data table alternatives on his web site
(http://tushar-mehta.com).

- Jon
-------