Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Transfer info to new sheet by date

My spread sheet has name, address, date, etc. I am trying to get the whole
row of information to automatically show up in another sheet by date. So for
instance I would like the whole row of info for entries made on 2/17/2008 or
7/21/2008 to be transtered on a sheet specificially for 2008. Please help!
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Click on the date column header cell and pull-down:

Data FIlter AutoFilter

The pull-down in the cell will allow you to select any date in the column
and display only the rows for that data.

Copy the visible rows and paste elsewhere.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200902

"onebodaciousbabe03" wrote:

My spread sheet has name, address, date, etc. I am trying to get the whole
row of information to automatically show up in another sheet by date. So for
instance I would like the whole row of info for entries made on 2/17/2008 or
7/21/2008 to be transtered on a sheet specificially for 2008. Please help!
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If this is a one-off you could add a Filter that lets you see only certain
values, then do a Copy & Paste
Otherwise you will need some VBA code
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"onebodaciousbabe03" wrote in
message ...
My spread sheet has name, address, date, etc. I am trying to get the
whole
row of information to automatically show up in another sheet by date. So
for
instance I would like the whole row of info for entries made on 2/17/2008
or
7/21/2008 to be transtered on a sheet specificially for 2008. Please help!
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My spread sheet has name, address, date, etc. I am trying to get the
whole row of information to automatically show up in another sheet by
date. So for instance I would like the whole row of info for entries
made on 2/17/2008 or 7/21/2008 to be transtered on a sheet
specificially for 2008.

Here's one way using Excel 2003.

In my example, Sheet1 has the original data and Sheet2 is the "other
sheet." Both use row 1 as a title row. In Sheet1, the dates are in column
A.

In sheet2, put in column A the dates whose rows are to be transferred; for
example, 2/17/2008 in A2 and 7/21/2008 in A3. Leave B1 empty.

In Sheet2!B2, put
=IF(ISNUMBER(Sheet1!A2),
IF(ISERROR(MATCH(Sheet1!A2, A:A,0)),"",
MAX($B$1:$B1)+1),
"")

In Sheet2!C2, put
=IF(ROW()-1MAX($B:$B),"",
OFFSET(Sheet1!A$2,MATCH(ROW()-1,$B:$B)-2,0))
and extend rightward as far as needed.

If you extended to L2, select Sheet2!C2:L2 and extend down for as many rows
as needed.

Hide Sheet2 column B if desired.

Add or remove dates in sheet 2 column A to determine which dates appear on
Sheet2.

Modify as needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you extended to L2, select Sheet2!C2:L2 and extend down for as many
rows as needed.

Should be:

"...select Sheet2!B2:L2 and extend down for as many rows as needed."