Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default change the default worksheet to always format formulas blue?

I change the color of all formulas in my spreadsheet to blue, to make it easy
to see the places where data input is needed (the "black" formatted cells).
Is there a way to change the default worksheet to always format formulas blue?
--
dontgue
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It wasn't clear to me what you were coloring... the font for the value displayed by the formula or the cell's background color. Here is a macro to change the font color...

Sub MakeFormulasBlue()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellType Formulas).Font.Color = vbBlue
End Sub

and this one to change the background color...

Sub MakeFormulasBlue()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellType Formulas).Interior.Color = vbBlue

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"dontgue" wrote in message ...
I change the color of all formulas in my spreadsheet to blue, to make it easy
to see the places where data input is needed (the "black" formatted cells).
Is there a way to change the default worksheet to always format formulas blue?
--
dontgue

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Only if you place the code into Personal.xls or an add-in.

Then you simply add a button to a Toolbar and assign the macro to that
button.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:22:01 -0700, dontgue
wrote:

I am referring to the font for the value displayed by the formula. Thanks
for the macro. Can I create a button that will be available in all opened
files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In 2007 it would be Personal.xlsm

You musr create it first by recording a macro to Personal Macro Workbook.

Developer TabRecord MacroStore Macro in:

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP