Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Equation Editor & Excel

Is it possible to use an Equation Editor formula for computations? If so how?

I am trying to create an excel sheet with different formulas created with
Equation Editor. However I cannot use them for computations: I have to
recreate the formulas in excel. I was wondering if there is a way to turn an
Equation Editor formula into an excel formula; or a way to use a formula
created with the Equation Editor.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jess, If only that were possible! You can get close with apps such as
Mathematical and Maple but not with Excel.
UTS has a nice add in that does the reverse: Excel formulas to graphical
equations)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jess" wrote in message
Is it possible to use an Equation Editor formula for computations? If so
how?

I am trying to create an excel sheet with different formulas created with
Equation Editor. However I cannot use them for computations: I have to
recreate the formulas in excel. I was wondering if there is a way to turn
an
Equation Editor formula into an excel formula; or a way to use a formula
created with the Equation Editor.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This morning I posted a similar question in the General section of Excel,
with no reply. I teach math and make multiple versions of tests in Excel,
for simple formulas. I want to do the same thing with raised exponents, and
with fractions. How about this--is there any way to paste graphics in a cell
(as from Paint) and then be able to do sorts etc? A lot of teaching
materials are in old PDFs where cutting and pasting text creates problems, so
images would actually work better.