lesley

Default equation editor

where do I find equation editor and how do I use it?
--
lesley
Duke Carey

Perhaps you are looking for the Equation Editor available in MS Word? Better
to post in the Word NG, but...

Get it in Word by InsertField and choosing an Eq field, then clicking on
the Equation Editor button

"lesley" wrote:

where do I find equation editor and how do I use it?
--
lesley

Dana DeLouis

Hello. From Excel's menu, do Insert | Object..., and select the "Create
New" tab.
Look for "Microsoft Equation 3.0".
If it's not there, you may have to load it from the Office Cd. You can find
it there under "Office Tools."

HTH ;)
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"lesley" wrote in message
where do I find equation editor and how do I use it?
--
lesley

Gord Dibben

How to use it?

When the EE is open click on Help.

Equation Editor basics

What Is Equation Editor?

Equation Editor, a special version of the MathType equation editor from Design
Science, Inc., is customized for use with Microsoft applications. For more
information about MathType, see Upgrading Equation Editor to MathType.
Using Equation Editor, you can build complex equations by picking symbols from
a toolbar and typing variables and numbers. As you build an equation, Equation
Editor automatically adjusts font sizes, spacing, and formatting in keeping
with mathematical typesetting conventions. You can also adjust formatting as
you work and redefine the automatic styles.

Easy-to-Use Toolbar Symbols and Templates

The top row of the Equation Editor toolbar has buttons for inserting more than
150 mathematical symbols, many of which are not available in the standard
Symbol font. To insert a symbol in an equation, click a button on the top row
of the toolbar, and then click the specific symbol from the palette that
appears under the button.
The bottom row of the Equation Editor toolbar has buttons for inserting
templates or frameworks that contain such symbols as fractions, radicals,
summations, integrals, products, matrices, and various fences or matching
pairs of symbols such as brackets and braces. Many templates contain slots —
spaces into which you type text and insert symbols. There are about 120
templates, grouped on palettes. You can nest templates — insert templates in
the slots of other templates — to build complex hierarchical formulas.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP