Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peter Peter is offline

Default Equation Editor & Excel

This morning I posted a similar question in the General section of Excel,
with no reply. I teach math and make multiple versions of tests in Excel,
for simple formulas. I want to do the same thing with raised exponents, and
with fractions. How about this--is there any way to paste graphics in a cell
(as from Paint) and then be able to do sorts etc? A lot of teaching
materials are in old PDFs where cutting and pasting text creates problems, so
images would actually work better.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Jess, If only that were possible! You can get close with apps such as
Mathematical and Maple but not with Excel.
UTS has a nice add in that does the reverse: Excel formulas to graphical
equations)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jess" wrote in message
Is it possible to use an Equation Editor formula for computations? If so
how?

I am trying to create an excel sheet with different formulas created with
Equation Editor. However I cannot use them for computations: I have to
recreate the formulas in excel. I was wondering if there is a way to turn
an
Equation Editor formula into an excel formula; or a way to use a formula
created with the Equation Editor.